Are you experiencing a divorce or any other type of domestic relations matter? At Schulz Stephenson Law, we provide legal help in the Carteret, Craven, and Pamlico County NC communities of Bayboro, New Bern, Morehead City, Beaufort, Newport, Atlantic Beach, and Emerald Isle that allows our clients to efficiently and effectively move on in life. Whenever possible and appropriate, we pursue resolution through mediation. Mediation is a non-adversarial approach that often leads to satisfying solutions for every party involved.
Would you like to schedule your consultation with attorney Sundee G. Stephenson or attorney Bradley N. Schulz to discuss your divorce questions? Call our law firm at 252-728-7300. You may also fill out an online contact form and someone from our firm will be in touch with you promptly.
A comprehensive family law practice
In your initial consultation, you will complete an intake form that will identify your specific needs. One client’s divorce can differ greatly from another client’s divorce. We assess each person’s situation and proceed toward the best possible solution based upon this knowledge. For people experiencing divorce in Carteret, Craven, or Pamlico County NC, there are many items that will be decided upon in the settlement agreement. We strive to obtain favorable solutions in divorce agreements involving the following:
- Child custody and visitation – If you are a parent who is going through a divorce, you likely have many questions regarding the care and custody of your children. Our firm can protect your rights as a parent and look out for the best interests of your children.
- Child support – Child support payments in North Carolina are determined by statutory guidelines. Factors that are considered include each parent’s income, health insurance for the children and extraordinary expenses.
- Property division – Marital property and debt division is a primary concern for most people experiencing a divorce. In North Carolina, property undergoes equitable distribution. Equitable distribution does not necessarily mean an equal distribution, and there are various factors that would give a judge reason to alter the distribution. Our firm can protect your rights as property is divided.
- Alimony – We represent supporting spouses and dependant spouses in obtaining fair spousal maintenance amounts.
Schulz Stephenson Law represents clients in Morehead City, New Bern, Bayboro, Beaufort, Newport, Atlantic Beach, and Emerald Isle NC who are involved in all family law situations. In addition to handling divorce related family issues, we can help with the following:
- Domestic violence (Chapter 50B matters)
- Prenuptial /antenuptial agreements
- Postnuptial agreements
- Elder care and Adult Protective Services
- Separation Agreements
- Department of Social Services issues including juvenile delinquency, neglect and abuse
Please contact our office at 252 728 7300 to schedule your confidential consultation and learn how we can help.